We may receive a commission for products purchased through the links on our site at NO additional cost to you.
When looking for the best miter saw you will find variations of features and options from multiple brands, making it really hard to make a choice. However, we are here with our top 10 unbiased miter saw reviews, detailed comparison charts, and a complete guide, to help you understand everything about miter saws. We will take a look at what makes a miter saw special as well as what to look for when picking out a new one. Let’s get started!
Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw Reviews – Top 7
1. DeWalt DWS780 12″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
DeWalt is a trusted name in power tools. Their dedication to high-quality shows year after year. The DWS780 is a testament to their excellence in tool design.
This dual bevel sliding compound miter saw does everything in standard miter saws and then some more. If you need extra cutting angles for your projects then this may be your saw.
It offers a low RPM motor that provides plenty of torque. Expect good cutting power and plenty of torque for those tougher wood materials. This makes the DWS780 ideal for many job types, ranging from simple home improvements to advanced carpentry.
Featuring DeWalt’s XPS CUTLINE positioning system, dual steel rails, solid clamps, and LED lights, all to ensure cut lines free of adjustments, thus, improving the cutting accuracy. Further, the integrated dust collection captures most of the dust made from your cuts, keeping your workspace clean.
- This 12 inch dual bevel miter saw offers a 15-amp motor, spins at a speed of 3,800 RPM.
- Miter angles are 50 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right and has 10 positive stops.
- Also, the bevel angles to both left and right are 49 degrees. Equipped with bevel detents at 0, 22.5, 33.9, 45, and 49 degrees.
- The back fence can cut upwards of 2 by 16 lumber at 90 degrees and 2 by 12 lumber at 45 degrees.
- Not to mention, the extra tall sliding fences provides up to 7.5 inch nested crown molding and up to 6.75 inch vertically base molding, and can easily slide out of the way for bevel cuts.
- Flimsy dust port that can be easily broken.
- The blade is a bit offset and at certain positions it can hit the kerf plate.
2. Bosch GCM12SD 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The Bosch GCM12SD is next on our list of the best sliding miter saws. This power tool features a powerful motor that works as intended without any hiccups or dips in performance.
Features a 12-inch blade that can make some of those bigger jobs easier. The GCM12SD includes Bosch’s axial glide system. This patented system can help make wider cuts with great accuracy. It is not a large system, and it fits nicely into the design of the saw.
All bevel settings and controls are upfront and easy to find. Setting up this saw for your cuts takes no time and is simple. It can tear through materials like no one’s business. Expect peak performance in your projects.
Additionally, the fences are solid square lock to the table and doesn’t require additional adjustment. There is also a built-in one-touch sliding mechanism which allows the fence to move with ease.
- A 3 horsepower, 15-amp motor that provides a speed of 3,800 RPM.
- Offering a large miter capacity of 52 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right with miter detents and positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45 degrees left or right and an extra 60 degrees to the right.
- The bevel capacity can be adjusted between 0 to 47 degrees left or right with integrated bevel detents at 0, 33.9, 45, and 47 degrees.
- Cutting capacity is expanded to 14 inches horizontally, 6.5 inches vertically, and 6.5 inches crown capacities.
- Further, it has an expanding built-in base extension that allows for more material support.
- Smooth sliding mechanism, however, the axial arm is not accurate between its rest position and its fully extended position.
- The default blade is not great and should be replaced.
3. Delta 26-2250 12″ Dual Bevel Miter Saw
Delta is another brand that should ring familiar. They’ve been manufacturing power tools since 1919, back when it was known as the Delta Specialty Company. Delta tools are known for their stability, durability, and consistent designs.
The Delta 26-2250 Cruzer is a fine dual bevel miter saw that is sure to impress. Available in 10 inch and 12 inch blade models.
Equipped with a patent arm support and heavy-duty bearings to provide smooth and accurate work. The rails are smooth and sliding happen without any resistance, making this miter saw a pleasure to use.
It features a lightweight build, weighing in at just 57 pounds. Transporting this tool around a worksite or your home should be no issue. In addition, it works well in a variety of lighting situations. The included laser guide makes your cuts accurate.
- A powerful 15 amp, 120 volt motor with a speed of 4,000 RPM.
- Features a miter scale up to 50 degrees left and 60 degrees right with 10 positive stops at the most popular angles.
- A bevel scale of up to 47 degrees left or right with 7 bevel stops.
- Offers a flexible flip down fence for a max crosscut capacity of 18 inches. A nested crown molding of up to 7.5 inch or a 6.5 inch vertical base molding.
- Further, table extensions are included that support longer pieces of working material.
- The blade arbor may be a bit wobbly.
- Poor dust collection.
4. Makita XSL06PT LXT 10″ Cordless Sliding Compound Miter Saw
When it comes to quality Makita is one of the top brands around. The XSL06PT is a great contender for our top rated miter saws. What sets it apart is its cordless capability, dual-bevel action, brushless motor, coupled with the sleek design and wide bevel angles.
Boasting high quality design and exceptional performance. The two steel-rail sliding system works very smoothly. This allows the miter saw to be flushed against a wall for that extra accuracy.
Features a direct drive motor, soft start, electric brake, battery indicator, extension wings, dust bag, and a laser guide. Everything is taken care of in this top of the line model.
The brushless motor and the built-in cooling fan allows for an extended working performance. Capable of delivering up to 192 cuts per charge in 2 x 12 inch lumber and up to 334 cuts per charge in 2 x 4 inch lumber.
- The brushless motor operates at a spin speed of 4,400 RPM. There is more than enough power to slice through softwoods, hardwoods, and denser materials.
- Offering a dual 5 amp hour, 18 volt batteries, for a total of 36 volts.
- Equipped with a large miter capacity of up to 60 degrees to left or right and positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45, and 60 degrees.
- Bevel capacity is also the same for left and right, from 0 to 48 degrees.
- Moldings are done with ease thanks to the 6.6 inch nested, 5.25 vertical, and 12 inch crosscut capacities.
- Compared to a corded miter saw, with this one your projects will be limited to the battery life.
- Only one safety trigger on the handle.
5. DeWalt DWS715 12″ Single Bevel Miter Saw
We have another product from DeWalt power tools, the DWS715 single bevel saw. It’s an update to the older version, the DeWalt DW715.
This model features a tough stainless-steel design, an accurate miter control system, and machined fence support; it is ready for operational use. Having such viable and durable features means more projects can be completed without searching for a new tool.
The miter system lends itself to superior cut accuracy, supported by a 1600-watt motor, delivering enough torque to the 12-inch blade. Secured by an electric brake that stops the blade from spinning within seconds.
It has a lightweight build – weighing around 42 pounds – allowing you to carry it around and set it up where you need without breaking your spine. The comfortable carrying handle helps you lug this tool around with ease.
- It features a 15-amp motor with 4000 RPM spin speed, allowing it to tear through plenty of hardwoods without breaking a sweat.
- A miter capacity from 0 to 50 degrees left and right. And there are 14 positive stops so you can rest assured that all the main angles are covered.
- The bevel angle ranges from 0 to 48 degrees to the left and 0 to 3 degrees to the right. And, since it’s a single bevel, it offers one-sided (left) bevel stop detents at 0, 33.9, and 45 degrees.
- It allows you to cross cut 2 x 8 inches at 90 degrees and 2 x 6 inches at 45 degrees.
- And, the tall sliding fence means 5.5-inch molding is covered.
- Dust collector is weak.
- The included stock blade is not the greatest.
6. SKIL 3821-01 12″ Compound Miter Saw
Next in our best compound miter saw list is the beautiful SKILSAW 3821-01. This 12-inch miter saw is of profound build quality, offers some great features, and it is a solid competitor when faced with the wide market of compound miter saws.
It has a motor that allows for accurate, fast, and secure cuts. A high-quality laser beam that works perfectly in different light settings, and it increases accuracy exponentially.
It features a table extension system that allows left and right extension rails to cover quite large workpieces. Weighs a bit over 42 pounds, this saw will not be much of a pain to move around your workshop, home, or job site.
Further, the quick mount system by SKIL lets you pop this saw onto a miter saw stand with no struggle. The SKIL miter saw stand makes this tool even better because it opens up new ways in which you can use your saw.
- The 15-amp motor spins at a massive 4500 RPM. This boost in power ensures swift, clean cuts over a range of surfaces.
- Offers a maximum miter capacity of up to 45 degrees to left or right with 9 positive stops.
- A left side bevel capacity from 0 to 47 degrees.
- A fence that supports 6.5 inch crown molding and 5 inch base molding.
- Overall quality is fine, but parts (levers, etc.) feel a little cheap.
- Sawdust covers the laser too easily, thus rendering it a bit useless.
7. Hitachi C12RSH2 12″ Miter Saw
The Hitachi C12RSH2 is a fine tool. It does the job for the professional as well as for the home improvement warrior. This heavy-duty miter saw comes packed with useful features, a powerful motor, and much more.
It offers easy-to-read and easy-to-control cutting angles. The positive stops have easy-to-read indicators, making adjustments a cinch. Because this is a sliding bevel-style miter saw, your choice of cutting angles is wide. For those who may need that extra efficiency, the Hitachi is a fine choice.
The C12RSH2 is comfortable to use. The grip feels good in your hand with an ergonomic-friendly design. The build, too, is of high quality. Quality build means it will last many years if properly cared for.
Also, the included laser marker adds accuracy to cuts. It works fine in lighted settings as well as in dimmer conditions.
- The 15-amp motor provides enough output to tackle most jobs. The 4000 RPM motor speed allows it to blaze through most cuts like a hot knife on butter.
- The bevel range is 0 to 45 degrees, a standard for miters. However, the 45 degree left and 57 degree right miter range is great when you need to make different angled cuts with the help of the positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, and 45° degrees.
- A large flexible sliding fence allowing up to 7.5 inch crown cuts.
- Backed by a 5 year warranty, which only shows the manufacturer’s trust in their product.
- The fence design needs an update.
- The sliding mechanism can be a bit stiff, needs frequent lubrication.
Best Miter Saw Comparison Chart (Sliding - Compound)
|Product/Feature||0° Miter 0° Bevel||45° Miter 0° Bevel||0° Miter 45° L Bevel||0° Miter 45° R Bevel||45° Miter 45° L Bevel||45° Miter 45° R Bevel|
|DeWalt DWS780||4.4 x 13.75||4.4 x 9.6||3.1 x 13.75||2.2 x 13.75||3.1 x 9.6||2.2 x 9.6|
|Bosch GCM12SD||3.5 x 13.5||3.5 9.5||2 x 13.5||1.5 x 13.5||2 x 9.5||1.5 x 9.5|
|Delta 26-2250||3.5 13.25||3.5 x 9.25||1.5 x 13.25||---||1.5 x 9.25||---|
|Makita XSL06PT||2.8 x 12||2.8 x 8.5||1.9 x 12||1.1 x 12||1.9 x 8.5||1.1 x 8.5|
|DeWalt DWS715||3.5 x 7.7||3.5 x 5.5||2.3 x 7.7||N/A||2.3 x 5.5||N/A|
|SKIL 3821-01||3.5 x 7.25||3.5 x 5.5||1.5 x 7.25||N/A||1.5 x 5.5||N/A|
|Hitachi C12RSH2||4.2 x 12.25||4.2 x 8.6||2.75 x 12.25||1.75 x 12.25||2.75 x 8.6||1.75 x 8.6|
Now that we’ve looked at some of the highly regarded, best sliding compound miter saw models, we hope that you can take this knowledge and make an informed purchase. Remember to look for powerful motors, strong blades, and high use-case variability. You don’t want to be stuck with a one-trick pony! Our sliding compound miter saw reviews are here to help. Use them and find the perfect saw for your workshop, garage, or construction site. Refer back to our guide if you ever feel lost or overwhelmed. After all, we spent weeks of research and trial to pick only 10 of the best miter saw models that are available on the market.
More Miter Saw Posts
How to Choose the Best Miter Saw